What to Know about Pursuing a Product Liability Case
Consumers spend their hard-earned money for products, trusting that advertising has been truthful and that the products they purchase will function as they are supposed to. When a product fails, the company that produced it destroys the trust of its customers. In some cases, customers can even sustain injuries from defective or malfunctioning products, and the companies that produced these products can be held liable.
If you or a loved one has been injured due to a malfunctioning or defective product, you may want to pursue legal action in order to seek financial compensation for medical expenses, lost wages, and any other losses you have suffered. The Danville product liability attorneys of Spiros Law, P.C., are eager to answer any questions you may have about pursuing a product liability case. Contact our offices today at (217) 443-4343.
How to Get Started with a Product Liability Case
The first step in pursuing a case of this nature is talking with an experience attorney to determine whether or not you have a viable claim. When you call an attorney, be ready to provide the following information:
- Which product caused the injury and whether or not you still have it in your possession
- The business from which you acquired the product
- Any warranty information or instruction manuals that came with the product at the time of purchase
- All medical records associated with the injury
- Any documents concerning medical bills or missed work due to the injury
- A detailed description of how the injury was sustained, including how the product was being used
- Photographs if possible
If you are thinking of pursuing a product liability case, you will need an experienced and knowledgeable attorney. Contact the Danville product liability lawyers of Spiros Law, P.C., at (217) 443-4343 for the legal representation and support you need.