CVS Pharmacy mistake costs man his eyesight
A lawsuit has recently been filed against CVS Pharmacy after a mistakenly dispensed medication costed a man his eyesight.
The lawsuit against CVS was filed by Houston resident Claudis Alston, 65, claiming he lost sight in his left eye after administering the medication that CVS had dispensed to treat his eye infection, otherwise known as conjunctivitis or pink eye. The medication he received and subsequently administered, however, was anti-bacterial ear drops.
Alston was written a prescription for the common eye infection drops cortisporin opthalmic suspension, but he instead received neomycin-polymyxin-HC ear drops. The packaging says ear solution, but the instruction label placed on the box said “INSTILL 3 DROPS IN EACH EYE TWICE DAILY FOR 5 DAYS.”
Individuals like Alston who are given wrong medications may end up with severe medical and financial burdens. If something similar has happened to you or someone you love, the negligent party may be held accountable for any resulting personal injury expenses. As such, you may be eligible for financial compensation. Speak with the Danville-based lawyers at Spiros Law, P.C. today by calling (217) 443-4343.